The value of your personal property.
We are all often guilty of taking our personal property for granted. When we use our items every day and have an abundance of material goods, it can be very easy to become unconscious of their existence — until a significant loss occurs!
When a major loss occurs, it can be very hard to recall exactly what you owned and what each item was worth. This will require you to face a tedious process of ascertaining the value of your possessions and documenting everything you own.
To help you, we have created the following list to help you identify what you own. This list can also be used as proof of loss in case disaster strikes. You should print and complete this list as thoroughly as possible and then make several copies. Keep one at home and then another copy at a location away from your home.
When keeping a copy at home, use an insulated safe, or if you do not have one, then another good location is to put a copy in a plastic bag and keep it in your freezer as this can offer extra protection in case of fire.
Besides listing what you own, it's also good to do the following:
- Take pictures or videotape your possessions
- Keep sales receipts
- Keep warranty information
- Get appraisals and keep them current (this is particularly appropriate for expensive property)
For those items where you might not have receipts or product information, then include information on when and where you bought the property.
A list of personal property should be made as soon as possible before a loss occurs. It may seem like a lot of work, but it will help you to save significant stress and worry when trying to remember exactly what was lost.
General Personal Property Inventory
- Sofa, couches, etc.
- Tables, end tables, etc.
- Desks, secretaries
- Chests, cabinets
- Cupboards, buffet, etc.
- Pictures, wall hangings
- Draperies, curtains, blinds
- CD Players, DVD players and accessories
- Digital Recorders
- Home entertainment accessories (speakers, digital equipment)
- Computers, scanners, copiers, monitors, printers, speakers
- Other computer accessories
- Computer game systems and accessories
- Table linens
- China, chinaware
- Crystal, glassware
- Kitchen appliances
- Small appliances
- Cutlery, utensils, etc.
- Bedding, blankets, linens
- Suits (men's, women's)
- Coats (men's, women's)
- Jackets, sweaters
- Skirts, slacks
- Shirts, blouses
- Hats, gloves
- Purses, wallets
- Cpstume jewelry)
- Robes, lounging wear
- Shoes, boots, slippers
- Sports equipment
- Miscellaneous effects
- Total Valuables and Treasures
- Fine jewelry (list items separately at the bottom of the page)
- Valuable furs (list items separately at the bottom of the page)
- Art treasures
- Silver, silverware
- Camera equipment
- Guns and accessories
- Musical instruments
- Stamp collection
Learn how we can help you today:
Get a Quote
We can help with any of your insurance needs, providing personal, commercial, life, and health insurance policies and advice.Get a Quote